Motor vehicle accidents occur for a variety of reasons. Things such as distracted driving, drowsy driving, reckless driving and driving under the influence have all resulted in car crashes at one point in time. In fact, as per the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, or NHTSA, car accidents occur every minute of the day. Yes, that is correct. Every minute of every day, someone is involved in a car accident. While these accidents do not all result in fatalities, a large sum of them do result in injuries, property damage or legal litigation. For over 5 decades, the attorneys at Goldstein, Buckley, Cechman, Rice and Purtz have been helping victims of motor vehicle accidents seek justice.
Motor Vehicle Accidents: The Car Crash Statistics
- There were 35,092 fatalities from motor vehicle accidents in 2015. (NHTSA)
- In 2015, 96 people died each day in motor vehicle crashes and 6,700 people were injured. (Insurance Information Institute, III)
- In 2016, motor vehicle deaths estimated to be the highest in nine years. (National Safety Council, NSC)
- In the United States, over 1,600 children under the age of 15 die in road crashes each year. (Association for Safe International Road Travel, ASIRT)
Car Crash Statistics by Driver Behavior
- Speeding – In 2015, 9,557 people died in speed-related accidents (NHTSA)
- Drunk Driving – 10,265 lives were lost in 2015 due to alcohol impaired driving crashes (NHTSA)
- Running Red Light – More than 900 fatalities and 2,000 injuries result from running red lights (IIHS)
- Distracted Driving – In 2015, 3,477 people died and 391,000 people were injured due to distracted driving (NHTSA)
- Drowsy Driving – Studies have shown that 37 percent of drivers report having fallen asleep behind the wheel at some point in their lives (AAA)
- Cell Phone Use – Cell phone use contributes to 1.6 million crashes each year (NSC)
- Aggressive Driving – 66% of traffic fatalities are due to aggressive driving (Safe Motorist)
Auto insurance industries estimate that over the course of a driver’s lifetime it is likely that each motorist will be involved in 3-4 auto accidents. If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident, there is a chance that the accident is due to the negligence of another driver. Should this be the case, it is important to seek legal advice to protect your rights.
Who To Call If Injured in Southwest Florida Motor Vehicle Accidents
The attorneys at Goldstein, Buckley, Cechman, Rice & Purtz are here for you. If you have been a victim in a motor vehicle accident and are suffering injuries, contact our experienced personal injury lawyers. We are available to answer any questions that you may have regarding the auto accident and can help you protect your legal rights. We have over 5 decades of experience with personal injury cases and can handle the insurance companies and investigations while you concentrate on your recovery. We have six offices across Southwest Florida. Our offices are located in Fort Myers (two offices to serve you),
Cape Coral, Naples, Lehigh Acres and Port Charlotte. For more information about our legal services, call us today at (800) 332-9404.