Medical malpractice is a serious issue that affects thousands of patients in the United States every year. In Florida alone, there were over 900 medical malpractice claims filed in 2019. If you suspect that you or a loved one has been a victim of medical malpractice in Florida, it is important to take action. Here are some steps to take if you suspect medical malpractice:
- Gather Information: Before taking any action, it is important to gather all relevant information related to the suspected medical malpractice. This may include medical records, bills, and any other documentation related to the treatment.
- Talk to the Doctor: If you suspect that a mistake has been made, it is important to talk to the doctor or healthcare provider who was responsible for the treatment. They may be able to explain what happened and provide you with more information.
- Contact a Medical Malpractice Lawyer: If you are not satisfied with the explanation provided by the healthcare provider, it may be time to contact a medical malpractice lawyer. A lawyer can help you determine whether you have a valid claim and guide you through the legal process.
- File a Complaint: You can file a complaint with the Florida Department of Health if you believe that the healthcare provider violated their professional standards. The department will investigate the complaint and take appropriate action if necessary
- Seek Medical Attention: If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of medical malpractice, it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. This will not only help you recover, but it will also provide documentation of your injuries that can be used as evidence in your case.
- Keep Records: It is important to keep all records related to the suspected medical malpractice. This includes medical records, bills, and any other documentation related to the treatment. These records can be used as evidence in your case.
- Be Patient: Medical malpractice cases can take time to resolve. It is important to be patient and trust the legal process. Your lawyer will guide you through the process and keep you updated on the progress of your case.
In conclusion, if you suspect medical malpractice in Florida, it is important to take action. Gather information, talk to the doctor, contact a medical malpractice lawyer, file a complaint, seek medical attention, keep records, and be patient. By taking these steps, you can protect your rights and seek justice for any harm that has been done.
It is important to note that not every medical error constitutes medical malpractice. In order for medical malpractice to be established, it must be shown that the healthcare provider deviated from the accepted standard of care and that this deviation caused harm to the patient. This is why it is important to gather all relevant information and consult with a medical malpractice lawyer, who can help you determine whether you have a valid claim.
It is also important to act quickly if you suspect medical malpractice. In Florida, there is a statute of limitations on medical malpractice claims. This means that there is a time limit within which you must file your claim. The statute of limitations in Florida is generally two years from the date of the injury, or two years from the date on which the injury should have been discovered. If you fail to file your claim within this time frame, you may lose your right to seek compensation.
If you or a loved one has been a victim of medical malpractice in Florida, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. However, pursuing a medical malpractice claim can be complex and challenging. This is where Goldstein, Buckley, Cechman, Rice & Purtz, P.A. can help.
As a trusted and experienced law firm in Southwest Florida, Goldstein, Buckley, Cechman, Rice & Purtz, P.A. has been helping clients with medical malpractice cases for over 50 years. Our team of skilled lawyers has the knowledge, expertise, and resources to handle even the most complex medical malpractice cases in Florida.
Here are some ways in which Goldstein, Buckley, Cechman, Rice & Purtz, P.A. can help with your medical malpractice case:
- Investigating the Claim- Our experienced lawyers will conduct a thorough investigation of the medical malpractice claim. This may include reviewing medical records, interviewing witnesses, and consulting with medical experts to determine whether the healthcare provider deviated from the accepted standard of care.
- Building a Strong Case- Based on the investigation, we will build a strong case that demonstrates how the healthcare provider’s negligence caused harm to you or your loved one. We will also calculate the damages you are entitled to, which may include medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other related costs.
- Handling the Legal Process- Pursuing a medical malpractice claim can be complex and time-consuming. Our lawyers will handle all aspects of the legal process, from filing the claim to negotiating with insurance companies to representing you in court.
- Protecting Your Rights- Our lawyers will fight to protect your rights and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve. We understand the impact that medical malpractice can have on your life, and we will work tirelessly to help you recover from your injuries.
- Providing Support and Guidance- We understand that medical malpractice cases can be stressful and overwhelming. That’s why we are committed to providing you with the support and guidance you need throughout the legal process. We will keep you informed every step of the way and answer any questions you may have.
At Goldstein, Buckley, Cechman, Rice & Purtz, P.A., we are dedicated to helping victims of medical malpractice in Florida. If you or a loved one has been injured due to medical malpractice, contact us today to schedule a free consultation. Our experienced lawyers will evaluate your case and help you understand your legal options.