AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Hurricane Claims, First Party Property Insurance Disputes, Estate Administration, Planning, and Probate
Excellent experience with Ms. Eve Kosciuszko.
I’ve had an excellent experience with Ms. Eve Kosciuszko. Your client was my son, who got involved in a business deal with a man who turned out to be dishonest. In a nutshell, my son sold this person two used cars and signed a contract in which he was to be paid back over a period of time. The buyer stopped payments when hurricane Irma passed through the area. We hired a local attorney and, after several costly years of litigation, my son began to receive monthly payments, but they stopped again when the Coronavirus occurred. At this point we have no real choice but to just accept the loss, but we want to express our appreciation to you, your partners and Eve for the excellent and careful work done. We also wish to assure you that if we ever need counsel again here in Florida, or if one of our friends needs counsel, we will certainly consider your firm first.
Eve Kosciuszko joined the firm in 2019 after a distinguishing herself in law school, ranking fourth in her class from Ave Maria School of Law.
She earned the Book Awards for highest grade in her class for Commercial Law, Healthcare Law, and Research, Writing & Advocacy. As a Moot Court Board member, Kosciuszko won best oralist of the St. Thomas More Oral Advocacy Competition and the Robert H. Bork Appellate Team Competition and Best Brief. She received the Saint Francis Cabrini Award for excellence in clinical programs for her work in the Ave Maria Law School’s Estate Planning Clinic. She was associate editor on the Ave Maria Law Review, secretary of the Ave Chapter Federalist Society, Dean’s Delegate and the student commencement speaker.
Originally from Brooklyn, N.Y., Kosciuszko moved to Southwest Florida in 2005. She graduated summa cum laude from Hodges University with a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and Marketing in 2007 and worked for eight years in the senior aging and health care industry.
“As an award-winning second career law student, Eve brings proven speaking ability and courtroom exposure,” said Christopher Smith, partner. “Her well-rounded experience working in with seniors and healthcare makes her especially knowledgeable about senior issues.”
- Hodges University, B.S. Business Administration and Marketing, summa cum laude, 2007
- Ave Maria School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2019
- Dean’s Delegate and commencement speaker
- Judicial intern clerk to U.S. District Judge Sheri Polster Chappell and to U.S. Magistrate Judge Mac R. McCoy
- Book Award for Commercial Law, Healthcare Law, and Research, Writing & Advocacy
- Best Oralist of the St. Thomas More Oral Advocacy Competition
- Best Brief in the Robert H. Bork Appellate Team Competition
- Saint Francis Cabrini Award for excellence at Ave Maria Law School’s Estate planning Clinic
- Associate Editor, Ave Maria Law Review
- Secretary the Ave Chapter Federalist Society
- Admitted to the Florida Bar, 2019
- Admitted to the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida, 2020
Certifications and Distinctions
- Board member of the Southwest Florida Federal Court Bar Association
- Associate Member of the Calusa Inn of Court, 2020
- Member of the Lee County Bar Association