AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Personal Injury, Wrongful Death, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Slip/Trip and Falls
Andrea Smith is an amazing attorney!
Andrea Smith is an amazing attorney! She helped me out with my case for a car accident and was a pleasure to deal with the whole time. I also want to complement everyone else I have dealt with in both the Fort Myers office and Port Charlotte office. Highly recommend this Law Firm!
Andrea Pleimling Smith joined the firm in 2014, became a partner in 2017. She grew up in Madison, Wisc., working for her mother’s wedding floral business, beginning at the age of about 5, where she developed her lifelong work ethic and commitment achieving results for her clients. But as a child, she always thought she would be an attorney.
Smith met her now husband, Chris (also a partner at the firm and trial partner) on opposite sides of the court during her first hearing as a new attorney. Smith manages the fast-growing Port Charlotte office and represents clients in both pre-suit and litigation cases.
As president of the Lee County Association for Women Lawyers, she believes in propelling women lawyers into economic, social and leadership roles. Smith was selected by the Florida Association for Women Lawyers as Lee County Leader in the Law 2018-2019. This recognition is intended to promote women who have made meaningful contributions in their communities through their legal service or volunteer activities and who have provided a positive role model for FAWL members.
Smith was selected by Business Observer for its 40 Under 40 recognition.
“From a child, I had it in my head that I was going to be a lawyer,” she told Business Observer. “It was just something that I told myself I was doing. I really like the fact that every day is different. I’m all over the place doing depositions. I can never say that I’m bored. I’m always learning new things.”
Edgewood College, summa cum laude, B.S. History, 2006
- Studied Central European History at Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic
- Lived and worked in Koblenz, Germany and is proficient in German
Marquette University Law School, J.D., Merit Scholar, 2010
- President of the Business Law Society
- Interned at the Wisconsin Department of Justice and Legal Aid Society of Milwaukee
- Peer Reviewed by Martindale-Hubbell
- Admitted to the Florida Bar, 2010
- Admitted to the Wisconsin Bar, 2010
- Admitted to the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
Certifications and Distinctions
- President of the Lee County Association for Women Lawyers
- Member of the Lee County Bar Association
- Eagle member of the Florida Justice Association
- Mentor through the Florida Association of Women Lawyers in love with GAL program, which provides mentorship to older children in foster care
- Appointed in 2018 to serve on the Twentieth Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission by then Governor Rick Scott.