Can I sue my doctor for my child’s birth defects?

Yes, a physician can be sued for a child’s birth defects. There is a particular statute in the state of Florida dealing with that issue. It’s called The Florida Birth Related Neurological Injury Compensation Plan. The plaintiff does not have to prove fault in that instance. The doctor has to establish that he or she participates in the plan. The plan provides compensation only for certain neurological injuries. It is complicated. If anybody has a claim, a birth defect claim, that person should seek appropriate counsel as soon as possible.