Holiday Shopping Accidents
The holiday shopping season is upon us and it is the time of year where many shoppers rush around looking to purchase some of the new and latest fads and fashions. While the rush of Black Friday and Cyber Monday have passed, retail stores continue to hold one day only sales which continue to drive traffic to the local shopping malls. Shopping for sales is a great way to save some money however, if you are not careful, a routine shopping trip could end with unwanted injuries.
Holiday Shopping Safety
During the holiday shopping season personal injuries can occur for many reasons. As you continue with your holiday shopping, here are some things you need to be cautious of in order to avoid personal injuries.
- Wet floors– Floors may be wet from spills or from rain near the entrance.
- Dirty floors– Floors may have trash or fallen merchandise on them.
- Improper signage– Recently mopped floors may not have the proper “Wet Floor” signs.
- Merchandise/Displays– Many times the aisles are filled with displays of stacked merchandise. These stacked items could fall on you causing injuries.
- Elevators/Escalators– Defective or malfunctioning escalators and elevators could result in personal injuries.
- Cracked or Broken Flooring – Be cautious of the flooring around you, if the flooring is uneven due to being cracked or broken you could lose your balance and fall leading to injuries.
There are many injuries such as slip and fall, trip and fall or even wrongful deaths which have been associated with the holiday shopping season. When slip and falls or other mishaps happen while you are shopping, you may have a premises liability case. Property and business owners have the responsibility to exercise reasonable care in order to prevent injuries to persons who enter their property. If a person were to become injured due to the negligence of the property or business owner, the premise liability law is in place to hold owners, occupiers and tenants responsible.
Premise liability laws may differ in each state so it is important to hire an experienced premise liability attorney. There are a lot of factors involved in premise liability cases such as proof of the dangerous condition which caused your accident and whether or not the business or property owner was aware of the faulty issue. An experienced attorney can help advise you on your rights.
Premise Liability Attorney
If you or a loved one are injured in a retail store due to a shopping accident, seek advice from attorneys experienced in personal injury cases and premise liability laws. The attorneys at Goldstein, Buckley, Cechman, Rice and Purtz have over 50 years of experience with personal injury cases. Call us today for a free consultation.