If a loved one has died as a result of the negligence of another, the Florida Wrongful Death Act recognizes great harm is done and requires compensation to the victim’s estate and survivors. Surviving family members include spouses, children, parents, or siblings. Our attorneys have successfully handled these cases for almost 60 years.

What kind of compensation
can I seek in wrongful death?

With wrongful death cases, surviving family members may be eligible to seek compensation due to loss and damages, such as loss of future wages, medical expenses prior to death, and loss of companionship.

How much time do I have to
file a wrongful death case?

If your loved one has died as a result of someone else’s negligence, it’s important to act promptly. There is a statute of limitations that establishes a time limit in which you can bring a wrongful death lawsuit against the negligent party.

Question MarkMore questions about wrongful death?

Free Attorney Consultation

Established in 1962, Goldstein, Buckley, Cechman, Rice & Purtz, P.A. cares about and serves the legal needs of our neighbors, with six convenient offices in Southwest Florida

Call us today to schedule your free attorney consultation.


Awards, Recognition & Memberships

Office Locations

Fort Myers Office 1515 Broadway Street
Fort Myers, FL 33901 Map ItMap It
McGregor Office 2300 McGregor Blvd
Fort Myers, FL 33901 Map ItMap It
Cape Coral461 Del Prado Blvd S
Cape Coral, FL 33990 Map ItMap It
Naples2590 Northbrooke Plaza Dr
Naples, FL 34119 Map ItMap It
Lehigh Acres 4802 Lee Blvd
Lehigh Acres, FL 33971 Map ItMap It
Port Charlotte2852 Tamiami Trail Unit 1
Port Charlotte, FL 33952 Map ItMap It